- Clutches may be slipped moderately to control the acceleration rate.
- When large inertia loads are powered from electric motors, smooth, controlled slip starts by Wichita Clutches can keep power demands below the allowed maximum.
- Heat generated by controlled slipping or high cycle rate operation is dissipated by the centrifugal blower design of these units.
- Wichita Low Inertia and Very Low Inertia Clutches and Brakes are designed to be completely free from effects of centrifugal force and self energization.
- Torque developed is in direct proportion to air pressure applied.
- These clutches and brakes interface well with automated controls through simple air and/or electric circuits.
- Water cooled, copper disc clutches are available for use when power transmission needs require excessive or constant slipping which demands higher heat dissipation.
- Wichita Clutches operate perfectly when teamed with Wichita Brakes in production situations requiring tension control, cylic duty, or positioning.
Click on image below to download pdf. To order hard copies of literature click here.